This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade from beta to final

Is there an upgrade path from beta to Final rather than a re-install?

Re: Upgrade from beta to final

Yes, good question...

I thought there would be an upgrade in the adept manager to bring the Beta up to Final Release.

There was an extra button that showed up in Adept for a while that said something like "New Distribution Available" or something like that. It was there for a week or so then disappeared.

I assumed it was being tested in anticipation of the Final Release...

Adept has fetched no updates for the last 3 days now, and nothing there now regarding the Final...

Do we need to upgrade it to final via terminal commands or something?

Comment

If you have Beta Feisty installed and have been keeping the updates going, in theory you will have the Final release and do not need to do anything furhter. You do not need to reinstall, unless you would like to practice that process .

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise
        If you have Beta Feisty installed and have been keeping the updates going, in theory you will have the Final release and do not need to do anything furhter. You do not need to reinstall, unless you would like to practice that process .
        I did wonder about the 184 updates I got a day or two ago.....;-)

Comment

It is nice to Beta test, and get all the "bugs" out of the way and usually due to the updates. I never do test from the pre-beta's but I don't mind the Beta testing. What is usually wrong in Beta, I've been able to handle and the beauty is by release you have the final anyway (baring some unseen catastrophic bug of some sort).

Comment

I had a feeling this was going to be a question-of-the-day for many of us. I also figured the answer would be right here.

I was pretty certain my Herd/beta load was in good shape when I noticed a curious lack of update notifications from adept in recent days. The last on I had was a single fix about three days ago.

Of course, I've been running this since Herd3 on my day-to-day laptop, and never experienced any more than minor glitches with easy workarounds. It's pretty amazing that you can take a "pre-beta" system and use it for production stuff for two months before the release, and have everything work 99% of the time.

I wonder how many Vista testers could say that?
            Joe<br />in Florida

Comment

Working...
            X