X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grub-gfxboot with feisty?

Okay I know I am getting lazy but heh.

I setup a nice gfxboot and grub splash (message) in edgy and it has been working since edgy released.
    Now on the advent of feisty I wanted to use the feisty grub/menu.lst for booting.
    I did the grub-gfxboot install exactly as in edgy and according to this:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=208855

But at boot I get the old black & white bootsplash.

All the rearching in the forum gives me more or less the same page and that is drapper.

Am I missing something here?
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Re: grub-gfxboot with feisty?

I upgraded to Feisty via Adept and my grub-gfxboot is still there and working fine.

Did you lose the "gfxmenu /boot/grub/message.xxx" line on the top of menu.lst?

Comment

I didn't upgrade from edgy, I just setup my feisty install exactly as I did in edgy.

gfxmenu /boot/grub/message.xxx abd all.

And message.xxx is in /boot/grub

4 GB Ram
      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

If you did a pure upgrade, the upgrade probably over-wrote your menu.lst. You will need to edit the menu.lst and do the necessary mods to bring back your splash screen, timing etc.

If, on the other hand you did a fresh install, you could copy your old menu.lst to the new feisty partiton and modify to include your new boot to Feisty.

Good Luck,

IndyTim

Comment

Originally posted by IndyTim
          If, on the other hand you did a fresh install, you could copy your old menu.lst to the new feisty partiton and modify to include your new boot to Feisty.
          Thanks Indy, well as I states that is exactly what I did. I removed grub, installed grub-gfxboot according to :http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=208855
          then moved my message.xxx (with root priv.) from the edgy /boot/grub to the feisty /boot/grub and copied my edgy menu.lst to feisty.

So what is the difference?
          4 GB Ram
          Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

well i have tryed to update my eggy but it fails... in some packege so i reinstaled the hole linux,
            afterwards i had tryed to install gfxboot and nothing does not work with me any one did make it in fiensty ?

Comment

I can't get it to work either on Feisty. In edgy it works fine.

Anyone??

Comment

Working...
              X