This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update feisty linux-restricted-modules-2.6.20-13-generic

I am stuck. I set up a dual boot laptop about 3 weeks ago. Windows and feisty beta. I finally got around and completed the windows BS. I went into Kubuntu to update it and I can't get it to update. Adept is complaining about breaking packages. I have ran several apt-get commands but all I get in response is "The package linux-restricted-modules-2.6.20-13 generic needs to be reinstalled. but I can't find an archive for it." I am all hooked up to the net and the repos "seem" to be in order. Inside Adept there is broken package by the name foo2zjs, but I can't do anything to remedy that through adept or the terminal. Did I get a bad load? The CD player on this computer was questionable. I had to replace it. The system seems to be running fine. I have tried

sudo apt-get -f install and check.
    I can't make any change inside adept.
    Download the linux***** dpkg from the net. All the links are dead.
    Tried to add a recent cd as repository. Fruitless!
    I have worn google out looking for help.
    Couldn't find anything in this forum.
    I will not reinstall. It took me forever to get windows in order and I am not going to chance it.
    HELP!!!
    FKA: tanderson

Re: update feisty linux-restricted-modules-2.6.20-13-generic

Hopefully in this text you'll find a point to start your "system revival" from there's definitely no need to re-install!

Comment

Re: update feisty linux-restricted-modules-2.6.20-13-generic

Thanks for the push. The "dpkg audit" was helpful and I even laughed when I read "package was messed up". The final fix was
      dpkg --remove --force-remove-reinstreq "package name"
      I did this for the kernel image and another package and then everything was back to normal and I could get through an update via adept.
      FKA: tanderson

Comment

Working...
      X