This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still ntfs-3g problems

I'm still having problems getting to where I can read and write to my ntfs partitions (and external ntfs formatted disks).

Checking in my Adept- Manager NTFS-3G and FASE are installed as well as the NTFS-Configuration tool.

(well I just tried to launch my Adept Manager after it crashed - now THAT won't start either. well this is beta after all)

FSTAB looks like this - notice no mention of ntfs;
    # /etc/fstab: static file system information.
    #
    # <file system> <mount point> <type> <options> <dump> <pass>
    proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
    # /dev/hda3
    UUID=60e0cd3f-d84c-4c9f-8e60-9224aeda1464 / ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1
    # /dev/hda1
    UUID=63858b37-3c50-42b2-bd07-f243ddca2fbb /boot ext3 defaults 0 2
    # /dev/hda5
    UUID=b8269c38-21be-4f9e-9e27-4b73ad708242 /home ext3 defaults 0 2
    # /dev/hda6
    UUID=07578e17-0c27-4513-879b-0f3a0df4b6f4 /media/hda6 ext3 defaults 0 2
    # /dev/hda2
    UUID=02db224f-bb0d-497c-8e87-3635d0966587 none swap sw 0 0
    /dev/hdc /media/cdrom0 udf,iso9660 user,noauto 0 0
    /dev/fd0 /media/floppy0 auto rw,user,noauto 0 0

#end of file [my edit]

Going to my KMenu>System>NTFS Configuration Tool has no icon next to it (which indicates it's not installed?). Clicking that "NTFS Configuration Tool" does absolutely nothing - no panel , no banner - no spinning hourglass - nothing.

My confusion in all this - The very first time I installed 7.04 last week Tues(?) I also installed ntfs-3g through the Add/Remove programs and it took right off after I ran the "NTFS Configuration Tool" reading and writing to my ntfs partitions and USB devices.

Now the system tells me those three packages are installed but nothing takes off. No NTFS drives or external disks are available in the "Storage Media".

Just as a BTW - when I have reinstalled my system this week (7.04) I have formatted my ext3 partitions during installation to ensure no "leftover" files which were earlier "broken" (by me) would be laying about so it was a clean re-install.

Should I go through Adept Manager and uninstall those three programs and then re-install them through a konsole?

Is there another file you guys would need me to post as a troubleshoot?

Thanks
    Tim
    Lead by example, but be an example worth following.

Re: Still ntfs-3g problems

I don't know anything (much) about ntfs-3g, but I will observe that your partition hda4 is obvious by its absence from fstab. Is that where your Win installation is?

How about your Grub menu -- are you able to boot windows?

Comment

Re: Still ntfs-3g problems

Originally posted by dibl
      I don't know anything (much) about ntfs-3g, but I will observe that your partition hda4 is obvious by its absence from fstab. Is that where your Win installation is?

How about your Grub menu -- are you able to boot windows?
      Hi Again Dibl

The hda4 is an extended partition and hda5&6 are actually logical partitions within that hda4. I am not able to create more than 4 primary partitions with my Gparted-Clonzilla iso (1.7?)

My GRUB boots fine to WinXP which is in fact my jumpered slave. It's a dual boot two drive system.

thx
      Lead by example, but be an example worth following.

Comment

Working...
      X