Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Answered] Upgrading 7.04 Beta to Official Release?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Answered] Upgrading 7.04 Beta to Official Release?

I'm still kind of new at Kubuntu, but I have a question.

My 7.04 Beta is awesome and it's pretty stable. I'm wondering about updates to the official release and successive updates after that. Is it easy enough to update without breaking my stable Beta install?

Also in the lower corner of my desktop my update icon shows somewhere around 200 something updates available. A big mistake I made with SuSE was to just let the system update itself one night and I regretted it bigtime.

Is that the number of updates available for elements already installed on my system or is that the number of updates available up in the internet repository regardless of whether I have them installed or not?

Thanks again for all your help this week guys. This forum is hands down beating the crap out of the SuSE forums.

Tim
    Lead by example, but be an example worth following.

Re: Upgrading 7.04 Beta to Official Release?

If you keep updating your Feisty Beta install until Official Release, in theory, you will have the Official files without having to doing anything further. My original install of Edgy was done at Beta and I've carried it all the way through up until I did the Upgrade testing, which is Beta and that is where I'll keep it plus any updates.

Comment

Ditto that moonrise

Then again the point with a beta is to test it and share your experiences

So, go ahead and do it. If something really weird happens there are enough people here to help out. That shouldn't happen, but.... Yes the updates/-grades pertain to what you have and not suse style (another reason why I scrapped it).

HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
      4 GB Ram
      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

And yes you should install those 200+ updates. They are for packages already installed on your system, plus new kernels, drivers,etc. If one of them breaks something, well that's part of running a beta. Help is here.

Comment

That's what I needed to know - thanks guys.
          Lead by example, but be an example worth following.

Comment

Working...
          X