This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DistUpgrade ?? [Resolved :)]

Since I was able to use this tool on one system I decided to go to the next. Followed all the same procedures as before but this time around it doesn't let me know there is a new version do I want to upgrade. I tried finding info on that but couldn't. Any clues? Thanks in advance.

Re: DistUpgrade ??

I have the same problem. I followed the instructions, but when I restarted Adept, nothing happened.

Comment

Re: DistUpgrade ??

Me too.
      FKA: tanderson

Comment

Re: DistUpgrade ?? [Resolved ]

Found that they have moved and modified the method. IT WORKED GREAT!!!!!!!!

I now have my main system up to 7.04 and I love it!!! Way to go guys!!!

Tool worked flawlessly for me this time around.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FeistyUpgrades

Comment

Re: DistUpgrade ?? [Resolved ]

I will share my experience to help anyone else out. I followed the update instructions from the link in the previous post. Everything seemed fine until I came to a blue screen giving me options on the initialization of raid. For some reason I could not enter through this screen or anything else. I had no choice but to kill the process and restart. I tried this several times stalling at the same point. I finally reached a point where I couldn't get the gui to come up anymore. Finally a couple of neurons fired, that had probably dormant for a while, and I tried the upgrade without the kde front end.

sudo python dist-upgrade.py

The upgrade took off and when I came to the blue screen about raid I was able to proceed and complete the update without a problem. Must have been a problem with the kde+Python+terminal window input. If it was not for this group and my regular reading, I would have rebooted at the first problem and been in a world of hurt. Thank you! everyone responsible for this group. It's hard to get over the windows "you have a problem? reboot". With linux there never seems to be a dead end like windows. I am starting to believe.

I have been running feisty for all of about 10 minutes and I already love it. The response is real crisp. I am very impatient and I love the snap of an interface.
          FKA: tanderson

Comment

Working...
          X