X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Watch out for todays upgrade......

Originally posted by gregconquest
    File System Check Failed
    An apparently corrupted file system is what you have - and not an assumed problem with package management ... Therefore, please do as being told by your system and repair this file system manually :P

Comment

Originally posted by UnicornRider
      Originally posted by gregconquest
      File System Check Failed
      An apparently corrupted file system is what you have - and not an assumed problem with package management ... Therefore, please do as being told by your system and repair this file system manually :P
      Well, this has gotten me to notice one thing. I was allowing the installer to mount my windows ntfs swap file! Thinking about it, I know that wouldn't be useful. I'm doing a fresh reinstall more carefully choosing and naming all mounted partitions.

Greg

UPDATE:
      Mounting the partitions did help, but I still got the following errors:
      - Bluetooth -- failed to connect to the SDP server (I'm installing without the bluetooth dongle from now)
      - Could not commit changes -- Adept Updater. There was an error committing changes. Possibly there was a problem downloading . . . or the commit would break . . .

I'm thinking now that some of the problems were independent of my mounting quirks. It does appear that the first update is a problem. I'll do a piecemeal update now . . .

Comment

I refreshed back to the point where I had received no errors, and then launched updater.
        I skipped fetching list of updates.
        I successfully updated all packages except the following:
        - akreagator
        - amarok
        - amarok-xine
        - app-install data
        - apport
        - apport-qt
        - avahi-autoipd
        - avahi-daemon
        - bluez-cups
        - bluez-utils
        - britty
        - ttf-opensymbol
        - ttf-thai-tlwg
        After updating and applying all the other patches, I still had not received any errors.

A few other trials:
        - selecting "ttf-opensymbol" alone resulted in "could not commit changes"
        - selecting "akreagtor" alone resulted in "a new version is available" with the grayed out "next" button.
        - selecting "amarok" and "amarok-qt" resulted in "a new version is available" with the grayed out "next" button.

I'm still testing the others. I have done updates of just a few without getting the errors above . . .

Greg

UPDATE: I kept getting the same errors by adding updates one-by-one. Finally, I refreshed again, launched the updater, told it to fetch new updates, then applied them all. I did not get the "could not commit" error, however I am still told that there is a new version available . . . click "next" . . . yet there is no "next" button to click.

Comment

I got the same problem.
          I noticed a message saying to hit ctrl-d to leave the maintenance shell and continue. I finished booting then, but I don't know what caused the problem. the system can't see my second hardrive though, and that was the source of the errors. Not sure how to do a disk check on it. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Comment

http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man8/fsck.8.html

Comment

The hard drive was seen fine, and loaded fine up until I installed xine-lib-1.1.4. The install loaded several different files, so I am not sure which one may be causing the problem. I just get the error no such drive when I try to mount it.

Comment

Hi

I've been having the same problem as mentioned above. The system boots in to a root session with the harddrive en read-only. The system sugested that I run fsck manually, which I've done some five times now, including running badblocks. Futhermore I downloaded the harddrive fitness test from IBM, which came out without any errors. These problems appear both in normal- and recovery-mode, in all the kernel versions that are installed.

Is reinstalling the only solution?

Comment

Working...
                X