This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kubuntu 7.04 beta installs, but then Adept Updater/Manager fails to connect

I did a fresh installation of kubuntu 7.04 beta (alternate install) yesterday. The installation went OK -- including the partitioning. However, there were three problems:
    1) Up popped an error message:
    KDE Bluetooth Framework
    Failed to connect to the SDP server.
    . . . make sure that sdpd is running . . .
    (I don't remember when this occurred - maybe after the first reboot)
    2) During the first update attempt (not launched manually):
    Could not commit changes -- Adept Updater
    There was an error committing changes . . . problem downloading packages . . .
    3) Manually launching Adept Manager:
    Read Only Mode: Database Locked
    You will not be able to change your system settings . . . because another process is using the packaging system database.

I've left kubuntu running for a couple of hours now after a reboot, and the update manager has not popped up. I just tried manually launching Adept Manager, but I get the same "Read Only Mode" message.

Am I going to have to wait for beta2 to be released and re-install? It seems my system can't connect and update. Is there some way of getting Adept to check for updates without launching Adept Manager?

Thanks,
    Greg Conquest

Re: kubuntu 7.04 beta installs, but then Adept Updater/Manager fails to connect

Well, I got past that problem.

In Konsole (terminal), I ran:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    It returned:
    Code:
    E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to corrent the problem.
    So I did (again in Konsole):
    Code:
    sudo dpkg --configure -a
    The system checked itself for a few minutes. When it was finished, the little "update" icon began flashing. I clicked it, and the update went fine

Greg

Comment

Re: kubuntu 7.04 beta installs, but then Adept Updater/Manager fails to connect

Goodonya, Greg. You sorted it yourself.

Sometimes it's not as hard as you think it is, just takes a little reading. (And taking a deep breath and trying something)
      I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

Working...
      X