X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FFawn beta CD images broken?

Hello.

I downloaded the desktop-i386 and alternate-i386 images from the spanish server, and checked the md5 checksum (they were OK for both ISO files).

I burned them, with verification at the end. However, when booting, i did a "check media/cd for defects" (or whatever). The desktop just stops at some point, indicating a corrupted package. When i check the alternate image, i get the warning:
    • "The ./pool/main/l/linux-source-2.6.20/linux-image-2.6.20-12-generic_2.6.20-12.20_i386.deb failed the MD5 checksum verification. Your CDROM or this file may have been corrupted."

I went through 3 alternate disc burns, and 2 desktops. I should have known something was wrong when Nero kept stalling during the burn verification, even after burning at slow speeds (8x or wtv).

Any ideas when this will get fixed?
    Thanks

Re: FFawn beta CD images broken?

As it turns out, it is my dvd drive that is broken. I burned the desktop ISO (from bittorrent) on another computer, rebooted and did a "media check".

The check said everything was OK (as it should, since the ISO MD5 checksum was too), and when i did a media check on my PC, i got a "checksum error" again.

Comment

Re: FFawn beta CD images broken?

What are you using to write the ISOs? I ask because I have used Nero on Windows XP to burn ISOs, they have burned OK and not thrown up any errors during verification but the ISOs have errors when you try to run/use/install them.

I now use K3b (of course) or ISO Recorder 2 (freeware) on XP.

Comment

Working...
      X