This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISO for Herd 4 doesn't work?

I downloaded the ISO for Herd 4 and I couldn't burn it. I was trying to download the normal feisty-desktop-i386. I tried both the http download and the torrent download. I was able to download properly, but it wouldn't burn successfully. The first time I burned it didn't give me an error, but the live CD wouldn't boot properly and it failed the self-check.

Is anyone else having this problem? I've downloaded and installed three different versions of (K)Ubuntu this way and never had this problem before. Maybe I should just wait for the next release?

Re: ISO for Herd 4 doesn't work?

What app. are you using to burn the iso? K3b? With K3b I ahave had the best results by right clicking on the iso I want to burn and choosing actions-> burn image with K3b. Or are you burning with a windows app? Nero usually works fine.
    I only had this once when my burner didn't like the CD. (sony)

Conversely try downloading again and while your at it download the ALT CD as well. The alt CD has the more stable installer.

Herd4 was in fact the first fiesty that worked for me

I hope you get this solved.

Cheers
    F
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

I did use K3B. My CD's aren't that old but I will test them to see if maybe that's the problem.

Comment

I have had better luck with the alt install cd too. I used to get both but i gave up on the live cd unless I want to just show someone how it looks and I don't have my laptop or access to another machine.

Comment

Working...
        X