X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hanging

hello,

I tried Ubuntu/Kubuntu Feisty Fawn Herd 1/2/3, but they all stop booting after a few minuts. I'm currently running Edgy on the same system, so I don't know what could be wrong. Is this a known problem or should I just wait for the beta's.
    I'm a bit worried, because my system is a dualboot, Kubuntu - Linspire and as you know next version of Linspire will be kubuntu feist fawn based.
    Any idea?

A. V. Cantodea
    Main system: Dell Studio XPS 8100 with Kubuntu 10.04<br />Main system: Dell Inspiron 1720 with Ubuntu 10.04<br />Second system: Acer Aspire 1500 with Ubuntu 10.04<br />Third system: Dell Dimension Desktop with Kubuntu 10.04 and Windows Vista<br />Fourth system: Dell Inspiron with Ubuntu 10.04 and Windows Vista

Re: Hanging

Hi,

To see what's wrong you should edit the grub entry of feisty and remove the splash keyword from it, then you will be able to see all messages and last one should be the error... If you don't find out what's wrong, please post it.

Cheers

Comment

Re: Hanging

Hi again,

I found the problem, it was my wireless network device (pci card). It has always worked with breezy, dapper and edgy. I hope this will change with forthcoming releases.

Cantodea

ps: did the test with Herd 4
      Main system: Dell Studio XPS 8100 with Kubuntu 10.04<br />Main system: Dell Inspiron 1720 with Ubuntu 10.04<br />Second system: Acer Aspire 1500 with Ubuntu 10.04<br />Third system: Dell Dimension Desktop with Kubuntu 10.04 and Windows Vista<br />Fourth system: Dell Inspiron with Ubuntu 10.04 and Windows Vista

Comment

Working...
      X