This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ipod and automount

I am having problems, and have had problems with just about every kubuntu release with mounting my ipod. Whenever I would plug in my ipod- Kubuntu would see it and try to mount it. I would get the popup window that would show the mounting progress, however it would hang. When I would check, via the terminal if it mounted, I can see it did. However since the popup dialong was hanging, I could no longer access my system via Konqueror. Everytime I opened konqueror I would get a message that the system has stalled. I can use my ipod with Amarok, however Amarok has to already be running when I plug my ipod in. Even then, I still have to mount it with my system, then again have Amarok connect to it. If I don't do it in a precise order, then Amarok is unable to connect to it.

Can someone help me- I'm not sure which package(s) are causing this problem. Everything else that I automount (cd/dvd, usb keys) do what they are supposed to. I've upgraded my libgpod library to libgpod-0.6.0, and I still am having problems.

Thanks.
    _________

Re: Ipod and automount

This older post over on the Ubuntu Forum may give you some insight into what to do. Keep in mind, it's old, and was for Hoary. But, the concepts are most likely still applicable under Feisty. Read it completely.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
    X