This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyboard drops out

Occasionally my usb keyboard drops out and will only come back after a reboot. It usually happens while using XP in VMware.

Can anyone tell me how to restart the usb ports (assuming that will bring it back)?

Re: Keyboard drops out

When it happens, have you tried just unplugging and replugging the keyboard? When I loose my USB mouse, that's what I do, and it works every time. BTW - I loose my mouse do to static electricity. Your USB keyboard is probably subject to this as well. When you loose it, can you remember if you felt a static shock when you touched it
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Unplugging the keyboard and plugging it back in doesn't work. I don't recall any static charges either when this happens.

Comment

By chance, when you do loose keyboard function, is it after your system was in suspend/hibernation mode??

Comment

No, it can happen after a fresh restart too.

Comment

No guarantees or warranty with the following.

You might want to read through Feisty - Mouse and Keyboard (USB problem?) on the Ubuntu Forum.

Comment

Working...
            X