This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having trouble transferring music...

I think this is a hardware issue, if not, feel free to move it.

Anyways, I have a Sansa e280 mp3 player that has all my music on it, and I'd like to get it transferred to a linux machine I just got running. I set the player to run as a MSC device, like a flash drive, but a little ways into the copy from it linux will stop recognizing the device and say that it can't find the files I wanted it to copy. The sansa still says its connected, but linux doesn't see it.

The USB ports are fine, and I've tried all 5. Theres no pattern as to where the transfer fails, its a different file every time.

Any ideas?

Re: Having trouble transferring music...

I am not positive on this, but you may have hit upon my Feisty kernel bug where usb devices autosuspend and don't wake back up. it was primarily a scanner issue, at least that is where it showed up.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/sane-backends/+bug/85488
    There was no fix for this in Feisty other than a scanner-specific workaround. I will take a peek in launchpad to see what I can find related to your sansa

I am thinking on buying this device soon ( a week or so, depending on when my bonus check arrives ). Most seem to have good luck with it, and the price is right, too.

Comment

Re: Having trouble transferring music...

OK, thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X