This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

video

Video is frustrating me tonight in kubuntu.

-I use the mplayer plugin for firefox video is pretty dark

-When it is a flash video it is very very dark I see no way to change it

-I can't adjust video settings in mplayer it just doesn't work I downloaded kplayer and added -vf eq=20:50 to the startup parameters and it's nice it even remembers it and works fine. However I do not wish to use kplayer I prefer mplayer.

-Kaffeine is just all screwed up. When I select the xine player it jumbles the picture on some movies. Like a total wicked tie dye look to the videos. Does not do them to all the videos even in the same format.

-I wanted thumbnails of my videos forever ago so I downloaded something can't remember but it uses xine to produce the thumbnailes. In the directory when I look at it the screenshot is that jumbled mess. I could care less about kaffeine but now my video thumbnails are horrible. Oh and brightness and contrast do not work

-I got vlc the brightness works when I do extended gui but not in the preferences so each time i play a video I have to click extended gui then adjust the settings.

-vlc when fast forwarding shows that tie dye looking crap for a second each time I zoom around the video. It does fix itself quickly but is annoying.

I had no problem with thumbnails or messed up playback on xine before i formatted awhile ago.

Re: video

HOWTO: Get commercial DVD playback in Kaffeine
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: video

thank you snowhog I have not had a problem with dvd's playing at all. DVD playback works in everything listed above.

Comment

Working...
      X