X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume Buttons Mapping to Pc Speaker and PCM

Hi,

When I use my Volume Controls on my Acer Laptop it controls my PC Speaker Volume and not the master volume, while in Ubuntu it controls the master Volume, is there any way to re-assign the buttons to control the correct volume.

Thanks,

Gavin,
    Primary OS: Kubuntu Feisty Fawn, Secondary: WinXP Pro (Games Only)<br />Intel Core Duo 1.66 GHz, 2GB RAM<br />ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 256MB<br />15&quot; Widescreen Display (1280x800)<br />Pro/Wireless Network Card connecting to US Robotics 1908A Router<br />

Re: Volume Buttons Mapping to Pc Speaker and PCM

I think there is a tool for acer laptops to configure a bunch of stuff.

not sure though.

you can click on the kmix speaker, and click on choose master channel, alternatively you can open the mixer window then click on settings and global shortcuts, and shortcuts, to choose what controls each volume.

Comment

Thanks that did it, you don't know if there is any software to configure the special keys for laptops (media buttons, email, web ...) do you?
      Primary OS: Kubuntu Feisty Fawn, Secondary: WinXP Pro (Games Only)<br />Intel Core Duo 1.66 GHz, 2GB RAM<br />ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 256MB<br />15&quot; Widescreen Display (1280x800)<br />Pro/Wireless Network Card connecting to US Robotics 1908A Router<br />

Comment

Yep, search around.

In fact, there are several threads in the front page of this forum right now.
        For external use only.

Comment

Working...
        X