This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Dual Layer Burn Faliure

Ok, so this is the first time I've ever tried to burn a DL DVD as they're still pretty expensive at 80p a pop. I've been trying to burn a 6.7gb iso using K3B, but its gets to around 50% (a little over the first time) and then fails.

Now I am only burning it at around 2.4x so its not like I'm going too fast for the disk, which can take up to 8x. I can burn single layer CDs and DVDs with no issues at all, just when it comes to DL that I seem to have this issue. I'm guessing that as the error is coming around 50%, that its an issue when its switching layers?

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

JJ

p.s. I have seen a similar thread on Ubuntu forums from last year which had no replys...
    Compy: AMD 64x2 6000+, Crosshair mobo, Enermax PSU, 4GB DDR2 800, 8800GTS 640mb, 24in cheapy monitor + secondary 17in, aprrx 1.6tb storage (internal) + external DVDrw, lots of nice big blue shiny quiet fans.

Re: DVD Dual Layer Burn Faliure

I have had issues with dl media. I have found that the drives are fussy with brands. I have not tried in Kubuntu but in windows I found that one of my drives will only use Ridata disc for dual layer. Single layer is not an issue. The manual that came with the drive specifically stated this. Maybe this is also your problem?

eriefisher
    ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

Re: DVD Dual Layer Burn Faliure

hope not :S

Its a pioneer drive and they're usually pretty good with compatibility.
      I buy all my stuff OEM so no manual to check in paper, will perhaps visit their website and check it out there.

Thanks, hadn't thought of that possibility
      Compy: AMD 64x2 6000+, Crosshair mobo, Enermax PSU, 4GB DDR2 800, 8800GTS 640mb, 24in cheapy monitor + secondary 17in, aprrx 1.6tb storage (internal) + external DVDrw, lots of nice big blue shiny quiet fans.

Comment

Working...
      X