This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audigy 2 ZS digital out only playing rear 2 speakers

Hey, have a bit of a weird one. My analog speakers are working fine in 5.1, however the cards digital output is only using the rear 2 speakers and sub of the digital 4.1 system... any ideas how to fix this one?

thanks in advance
    Compy: AMD 64x2 6000+, Crosshair mobo, Enermax PSU, 4GB DDR2 800, 8800GTS 640mb, 24in cheapy monitor + secondary 17in, aprrx 1.6tb storage (internal) + external DVDrw, lots of nice big blue shiny quiet fans.

Re: Audigy 2 ZS digital out only playing rear 2 speakers

I don't have an answer for you but have you fiddled with kmix output and switch tab settings?

Comment

Do you know those speakers are working 'n everything?
      You could try opening up Konsole and reading the man page for speaker-test ("man speaker-test").
      For external use only.

Comment

This may help for speaker test
        https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SurroundSound
        Registered Linux User #418555<br />Kubuntu User #9254<br /><br />aptosid 2010-01 Xfce / aptosid 2010-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Wheezy Xfce / Kubuntu 10.04<br />aptosid 2011-01 Xfce / aptosid 2011-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Testing Gnome<br />Debian Sid Gnome<br />Epidemic 3.2<br />ALL pulseaudio free by default

Comment

Originally posted by opie
          I don't have an answer for you but have you fiddled with kmix output and switch tab settings?
          Yeah I fiddled long and hard with every mixer I could get my hands on and every setting I could find, but no joy. I did look for a way to switch off the Asus mobo's onboard sound cause I thought htat might be interfering, but there is no option for the sigmatel in the BIOS, only for USB audio so a bit stumped about that.

Originally posted by SheeEttin
          Do you know those speakers are working 'n everything?
          You could try opening up Konsole and reading the man page for speaker-test ("man speaker-test").
          The speakers definately work, you can year them hiss when yuo power up the unit and put it up high. I've tried hooking up an external unit to the headphone socket on the speaker system also, which usually allows me to play music through the external, but no sound comes out at all, most likely because the headphone socket works off 2.1 ie front 2 speakers

Originally posted by linuxwizard
          Thanks. When I test the sound in that, it picks up the 5.1 analog speakers fine and when it gets to the rear speakers it uses both the analog and digital ones at the back, but still not hte front digitals

thanks for trying though
          Compy: AMD 64x2 6000+, Crosshair mobo, Enermax PSU, 4GB DDR2 800, 8800GTS 640mb, 24in cheapy monitor + secondary 17in, aprrx 1.6tb storage (internal) + external DVDrw, lots of nice big blue shiny quiet fans.

Comment

Working...
          X