This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kpilot Not Detecting "Tungsten E2" Palm Pilot

Nothing wrong with using what you're familiar with (), especially if prior experience with a GUI manager resulted in issues. :P
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Just a footnote to all of this from a Johnny-come-lately to the thread: In Gutsy the same problem exists and one has to run BUS="usb", SYSFS{product}="Palm Handheld*", KERNEL="ttyUSB*", NAME{ignore_remove}="pilot", MODE="666" and then sudo modprobe visor in order to get Jpilot to sync -and I suppose also Kpilot. Amazingly, as I have tested, it doesn't make any difference what setting you put on the jpilot: in fact I just leave it blank and when it syncs it reads my pda (Palm m515) as /dev/pilot
      Also, at least as far as I can tell, you have to run sudo modprobe visor in the terminal each and every time you sync: there must be a way to set this up so that it starts every time jpilot is brought up but I don't know how to do it.

Comment

FYI I too was having problems with syncing my Palm Tungsten E after installing Kpilot which is not installed by default. Did install Kitchensync and it appears that it is not need but I added the 10-customs.rule and modifies modules to load visor as suggested by the other post and it worked.
        Thank you all.

Comment

Working...
        X