Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to get all extra buttons on mouse & keyboard working?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to get all extra buttons on mouse & keyboard working?

Hey guys I have a mouse and keyboard with loads of buttons I'd really like to make use of (especially the volume buttons!) any way to do this please?

Specs

Product Name: Genius Ergo 525 - mouse
    Device Type: Mouse
    Dimensions (WxDxH): 7.9 cm x 12.7 cm x 4 cm
    Weight: 140 g
    Connectivity Technology: Wired - PS/2, USB
    Movement Detection Technology: Laser
    Buttons Qty: 8
    Movement Resolution: 2000 dpi
    Features: Scrolling wheel (4-way), switchable resolution

lots of the buttons on my keyboard work, but some don't:

Hot keys 36
    Input device
    Connectivity technology Wired
    Mouse included N
    Interface USB, PS/2
    Keyboard layout QWERTY
    Scroll wheel Y
    Technical details
    Keyboard function keys 8
    Colour
    Colour of product Black/Dark Blue

Many thanks in advance
    Compy: AMD 64x2 6000+, Crosshair mobo, Enermax PSU, 4GB DDR2 800, 8800GTS 640mb, 24in cheapy monitor + secondary 17in, aprrx 1.6tb storage (internal) + external DVDrw, lots of nice big blue shiny quiet fans.

Re: Is there a way to get all extra buttons on mouse & keyboard working?

Mouse, keyboard. You may also want to look into "hotkeys" and associated pacakges in the repos.
    For external use only.

Comment

Hey Thanks for that

The mouse tut just went straight over my head and none of my changes seemed to do anything at all perhaps I should switch the mouse from PS2 will do that when I free up a slot.

When I try to configure the keyboard it seems to find a lot of the extra buttons, but when I save it says:

"The keyboard file has been saved successfully, but cannot yet be imported in keyTouch because it is not a valid keyboard file.
      The keyboard file contains an empty keycode."

however where those empty keycodes are it wont let me enter one... although it does detect the keys when I press them to enter stuff... any ideas?
      Compy: AMD 64x2 6000+, Crosshair mobo, Enermax PSU, 4GB DDR2 800, 8800GTS 640mb, 24in cheapy monitor + secondary 17in, aprrx 1.6tb storage (internal) + external DVDrw, lots of nice big blue shiny quiet fans.

Comment

well switching the mouse to USB didnt help. it didnt even detect it lol

ach well, will try some more

Comment

Working...
        X