This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me I am at great problem(urgent)

I used using gnome partition manager.to mount instead a made great mistake Devices->set label and given okay. when i rebooted all partions were deleted.I kept as such help me i have lot of important files and its my life.please do something to restore it.please help me...............please..................

Re: Help me I am at great problem(urgent)

Please be a little more clear, and we might be able to help you. (be SURE to re-read your post, and make every one will understand what your saying)

C@RL
    Those willing to give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither security nor liberty. -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

When you say "all partitions were deleted", do you mean just your fstab (i.e. /etc/fstab is empty) or that your hard drive is wiped?

If your hard drive is fine, you should be able to boot with a LiveCD and recover everything on the drive.
      For external use only.

Comment

I have three ntfs partitions with windows xp, and one ext3 partition for linux,since
        I can't write in ntfs partition,I created fat32 partition from ext3 using Gnome(Gparted) since it was recognized,I tried to mount in that i saw a menu Device and chosen Device->set disklabel.I though its like in windows to rename partitions and given ok, but it had deleted all the partitions and boot files.when i reboot harddisk just empty screen when i booted with live Cd of kubuntu, I used both QTparted and Gparted in both it showed harddisk as unallocated(raw).I thought of using partition table doctor,But I need proper guidance and correct software to restore as before it was.Help me to solve it.

Comment

Working...
        X