Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Done some stupid things to my Videodrivers (ATI)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done some stupid things to my Videodrivers (ATI)

I have an ATI Mobility Radeon X700 and in the process of trying to get more performance in OpenArena and such, I have been fiddling a little too much with things I don't have full understanding of.

The thing is that i have come to uninstall both the "ati" option and the "fglrx" option from the menu that comes when i "sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg"

I think both drivers are also uninstalled completely from my system, but like I said, I don't know about these things.

I've got it working now with "vesa" driver, but you prolly know that it kinda sucks when you can't get the resolution to fit your screen...

Any help would be much appreciated!

Re: Done some stupid things to my Videodrivers (ATI)

I long ago fixed my ATI problems with a trip to the Nvidia store, but it says here the new Envy script installer will install the proprietary ATI driver for you.

http://albertomilone.com/nvidia_scripts1.html

Comment

Re: Done some stupid things to my Videodrivers (ATI)

I tried envy, and to great avail! All i had to do was launch it with "sudo envy -t" to get it in textmode because it wouldn't start in GUI mode.. Everything is fixed now. I'll try to stay away from reconfiguring from now..

Comment

Working...
      X