This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound stoped working, and liquid weather freezes superkaramba![SOLVED]

The other day I was messing around with my karamba widgets, trying out new ones, and I was trying out a new amarok one and I accidentally quit the kmix volume control from my system panel. Ever since then even with restarting kmix and reselecting my sound card, I get no audio once so ever. and Worse at the same time I upgraded my Liquid Weather to 14.8 and now when I start liquidweather it freezes up my karamba system and I need to kill it. Any way my sound card is a PCI Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 model SB0100 rev.7. I have an onboard sound as well an ECS motherboard with nVidia Corporation nForce3 250Gb AC'97 Audio Controller rev. a1 built in, but have never used it and is disabled through my bios.
    Any ideas on what I could do here to get things working again?

Thanks,
    jrsoit
    &quot;Time fades even legend&quot;<br />-Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Re: Sound stoped working, and liquid weather freezes superkaramba!

Well, I would uninstall superkaramba completely (purge) using either adept or synaptic. Then reinstall it and use the "older" version of liquid weather.

As far as mixer goes open it, go to configuration and see it it is using the right card. Then reset the switches. Conversely you can install alsa-mixer and use that to set your switches.
    You could also check system config->sound (kcontrol->sound&mulimedia is better) and see if everything is set as it should be.
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Re: Sound stoped working, and liquid weather freezes superkaramba![SOLVED]

Yeah I figured it out with the sound anyway....I just restarted twice after reconfigure of my sound and it worked perfect again. I was hopeing to not have to purge karamba, but thats what it looks like is gonna happen. Anyway thanks for your help.
      &quot;Time fades even legend&quot;<br />-Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Comment

Re: Sound stoped working, and liquid weather freezes superkaramba![SOLVED]

Good, glad to hear it.If you use alsomixergui you can lock all your settings and they stay that way

As far as superkaramba goes. Well I had to go that path as well.
        HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
        X