X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting LG L1510BF to work -Touch Screen-

Hello all

I'm a newbie about two weeks into Linux, Ive so far tried, SUSE10, Ubuntu 7.04 and have settled on kubuntu 7.04 Fiesty thingy as I feel if delivers just about everything I want in a pleasing and relatively easy to follow desktop.

A specific problem I have is getting the LG L1510BF touchscreen to work.

Now out of the box everything looks really promising, I have pointer movement with the touch screen but in the wrong places.

Eg. touch top right - it click top Left
    touch top Left get bottom Left
    and so on

So its a consistant error 90 degrees counter clock wise so to speak.

Now I've found a number of very good sites which have taught me a great deal about how Linux uses input devices and have tried a number of the fixes they suggest but for one reason or another none work for me (probably a mix of older fixes for older systems and me not knowing how to get make drivers to work in konsole or how to find the right version).

Sites used:

http://www.rantakokko.net/node/43
    http://www.harbaum.org/till/cnc/cx-t100/index.shtml
    http://stz-softwaretechnik.com/~ke/t...n/evtouch.html

plus more

Now the LG seems to be the only reasonably priced touchscreen on the market so somebody somewhere must have got it to work.

So please any help would be great.

But keep in mind some of the basics are still new to me.

Thanks in advance

Grant

N.B. Been playing with computers since ZX81's, VIC20's BBC's etc but that's along time ago

Re: Getting LG L1510BF to work -Touch Screen-

The last link you posted contains some options you can put in your xorg.conf, including a "rotate" option. Why don't you try it (assuming you are using that driver)?
    For external use only.

Comment

Yes I had noticed the rotate option and thought it may help however that particular driver I could not get to install i could not work out the adjustments i had to make to the make file (as stated in the readme) to get it to work. I have tried using those sort of options on the default installed driver but it just kills the boot up every option I try.

So another question when a make file needs to be altered to point to the kernal header what do they mean exactly i tried a few things in the make file but they did not work. Oh and which evtouch driver version would suit a kubuntu 7.04 standard instal?

Thanks again

grant

Comment

Well, compiling from source works fine for me. Just "./configure; make; sudo make install" should do it, but if you need kernel headers, put "sudo apt-get install $(uname -r)" in a terminal and it should install them.

If that's not the only problem, post some error messages.
        For external use only.

Comment

Thanks Mate

just a clarification, I was getting confused with another driver install I tried (ITMtouch) where i could not get the make file to work.

The driver for the evtouch are not an issue as all i needed was to exract the compressed GZ file and then copy the evtouch_drv.so to /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input no worries. When I tried booting with the suggested alterations to the xorg.conf file it would not boot correctly and failed after the first loading screen and before the second splash screen. I have tried a few alterations to the xorg.conf to no avail.

Also not sure which evtouch driver to use 0.8.0, 0.8.1, 0.8.3, 0.8.4, 0.8.5 or 0.8.6

So still stumped

Any thoughts?

Comment

OK partial success

i have got the thing to use the evtouch driver version 0.8.3 and have got he xorg.conf controls controlling the possition of the pointer, ive got x and y going in the right directions so all thats left is find the minx and y max x and y to suit. unless any know of a calibration opackage that works?

getting happier

Grant

Comment

Working...
            X