This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all in one printers that work out of the box

Just to let everyone know the HP PSC 2410 and PSC 2110 works out of the box with scanning and printing. I used kooka for the scanner for both, no drama. both took less the 5 minutes to set up. I recently had to install another HP officejet f500 for a customer of mine, who got a bundle of the new desktop with the free printer rebate. The desktop was Vista and the cd the printer came with did not have the driver. I had to go to the website and download the 300MB file. It took one hour and half for the download to finish and the software to finish installing. The new PC had to be rebooted twice to complete the installation.

Re: all in one printers that work out of the box

I have a HP All-in-one PSC-2350, Iafter installing Kubuntu, I configured the printer through System Setting, Computer Administration, Printers.

It works great, and even told me I was low on color ink (windows never did that for me).

- Abigsky
    Windows Server Engineer by day,<br />Kubuntu junky by night.

Comment

I'm using the HP psc 1215 all-in-one. No problem installing, and worked first time - BUT- it takes a whole minute, and sometimes longer, after pressing the 'print' button in any application for the for printer to start printing. Printing is immediate in Windows, so it's not a physical problem.

Anyone any ideas?

(Newbie)

Comment

I have an HP Officejet 5610 all-in-one printer/scanner/fax and the HPLIP Toolbox software included with Kubuntu setup all the functions properly within 2-3 minutes. Kooka took another confirmation dialog box to use the scanner portion. Easy as pie.

Comment

Working...
        X