This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB Automount location changed again

I have a thumb drive that I access regularly.
    Under Edgy it always mounted at /media/iriver (it's label is iriver), which was great cause I could point shortcuts and links to it.
    Under Fiesty Fawn it's showing up as /media/disk-1
    How can I change this back to /media/iriver
    I right clicked on it and went to Properties, and I tried going to the "Mounting" tab and explicitly changing it to /media/iriver - but now when I plug in it doesn't mount or show up on the KDE desktop at all.
    I mounted it manually (sudo mount /dev/sdb /media/iriver) and changed the mounting properties back to disk-1 and now it automounts again. How can I fix the location?
    I've tried adding an fstab entry based on UUID, but no luck there either.

Re: USB Automount location changed again

http://www.penguin.ch/dokuwiki/doku....ab#usb_tacking

Comment

The information in that page only works for manual mounting - I want my USB device to automount to the same location when I plug it in - this worked fine in Edgy.
      In fact, following the instructions in the above post, my drive is now not automounted at all, not even at the wrong /media node.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpirograph
        The information in that page only works for manual mounting.
        Not correct :P the given advise has been "tested & approved" by me on Kubuntu 06.10, 07.04 and 07.10, respectively.

Birdy aka littleDrHouse (the author of the web site in question)

Comment

My mistake - when I tested earlier it seems I didn't wait long enough for the automounter to detect it - given a bit more time it did mount in the right locations.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
          X