X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't find this WLAN error on google

root@Micetto:/etc/network# ifconfig wlan0 up
    [ 3374.664000] rt73usb->rt73usb_enable_radio: Error - Register initialization failed.
    SIOCSIFFLAGS: Input/output error
    root@Micetto:/etc/network# lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 050d:7050 Belkin Components F5D7050 ver 1000 WiFi
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
    root@Micetto:/etc/network# cat /dev/vcs >/tmp/wtf.txt

Re: I couldn't find this WLAN error on google

You are working inside a directory as ROOT! This can be very dangerous.

You should try to configure the connection through K>>system settings>>network settings. Click on administrator mode and select the device and configure. Add the required info and you should be able to connect.
    ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

nope. It fails silently, without even giving an error. That's why I tried doing it via console.

Comment

To bring a connection up or down, you have to be root. If you're doing it a bunch of times, being root makes more sense than a whole lot of sudo.

Anyway, what do you mean you couldn't find it? Looking at some of those pages (most were unresolved), I think the best suggestion was IRQs. Try adding "irqpoll" to your kernel options when booting.
        For external use only.

Comment

Originally posted by SheeEttin
          To bring a connection up or down, you have to be root. If you're doing it a bunch of times, being root makes more sense than a whole lot of sudo.
          indeed!

Originally posted by SheeEttin
          Anyway, what do you mean you couldn't find it? Looking at some of those pages (most were unresolved), I think the best suggestion was IRQs. Try adding "irqpoll" to your kernel options when booting.
          well, "SIOCSIFFLAGS: Input/output error" is a very common and generic error, afaik. Searching for it I fould a whole lot of unrelated things. What I couldn't find was "rt73usb->rt73usb_enable_radio: Error - Register initialization failed.".

anyway, I'll try your advice, thanks

Comment

nope.

I've found a new error in kern.log, though:
            Jul 20 16:45:42 Micetto kernel: [ 57.564000] rt73usb->rt2x00_vendor_request: Error - vendor request error. Request 0x0a failed for offset 0x0000 with error -32.
            I guess I have to ask directly to the driver developers.

Comment

Working...
            X