This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no sound! help

i am currently using kubuntu 7.04 and for some reason there is no sound? but in 6.06 the sound was working fine right out of the box no drivers needed anyway couple of days ago i got it to work but it stopped working again - I tried everthing that got it working before but its still not working- I am making sure that my soundcard is selected under kmix and still nothing. my sound card is an auzentech 7.1 connect i went to there website and located the drivers i needed so i went to adept to see if i can install the alsa drivers which i found and selected all of em to install it yet i still get no sound - what am i doing wrong- and can anyone help me??

note: onboard sound doesnt work at all either

Re: no sound! help

Tried turning up all the volume controls?
    For external use only.

Comment

Originally posted by SheeEttin
      Tried turning up all the volume controls?
      Yes everything is up alsa drivers installed as well witch is what the soundcard uses
      c-media type

kmix also shows the nvida sound card as well yet nothing comes out either one

Comment

See if this helps. It is something I started that seems to never show up in a search:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3081547.0

Comment

If the suggestions from MoonRise don't solve your problem, try (what for a lot of us has worked) adding "acpi=off" to the end of the kernel line in /boot/grub/menu.lst saving, and rebooting. You will have to access/edit this file as 'root'.
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X