This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OpenGL stopped working? Huh?

I'm running Feisty on a Toshiba Satellite A100 with Intel 945G graphics. All has been working fine until I recently restarted and found that my login screen was at a lower resolution than normal (the desktop was fine). My OpenGL screen savers now run at about 1fps much to the disgust of my 10 week old daughter who is normally mesmerised by Solar Winds. Also Google Earth now reports an error on startup stating that 'You are currently running Google Earth with OpenGL in software emulation".

My driver is still set to i810 as it has always been and aside from updates nothing appears to have changed except for the drop in resolution of my login screen.

Help!
    J.

Re: OpenGL stopped working? Huh?

Something may have gone wrong with your xorg.conf file. You should find it in /etc/X11. Is there an earlier version of the conf file either suffixed with a number or as a backup file?

Ian

Comment

Re: OpenGL stopped working? Huh?

I know it sounds ugly, but I think the easiest way is to do this

sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

then follow the prompts, if you are unsure of the settings, just take the defaults.

This works for me, it may not work for you.
      I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

Working...
      X