X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tv Tuner Worked Now Doesn't?

Hey Guys,

Question does any one know why my PVR-150 tv tuner card with ivtv drivers would stop working after doing a fresh install. I have installed and reinstalled many times and once I got my system up and running and download the utilities for ivtv through synaptic I could always use mplayer /dev/video0 or vlc to watch tv with my card. Now after doing another fresh install I try it and I get nothing. Mplayer says its running but I hear no sound or video and even though it doesn't report back anything vlc seems to run it but the same result.

The card works still in Windows just not linux. I haven't added or changed anything in my system either so I don't think I created a conflict.

This is strange to me anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

Re: Tv Tuner Worked Now Doesn't?

Sometimes a 'fresh install' is not. Do you recall having to tweak it before?

I ask because I've hit this before in my journeys.

GL
    Dell SC1425<br />1 Xeon 3GHZ CPU<br />1GB ECC-DDR2 RAM<br />Onboard ATI Radeon 7000-M&nbsp; w/ 16MB Fixed/unshared RAM<br />Dual 82541Gl Gigabit Nic&#39;s<br />DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo<br />73GB SCSI Drive.<br />Never got Compiz to run properly on the ATI, but that is secondary of course.

Comment

Re: Tv Tuner Worked Now Doesn't?

Hmm... Open up your xorg.conf (e.g. "kdesu kate /etc/X11/xorg.conf") and make sure that "v4l" ("vee-four-ell") appears in the "module" section.
      Oh, but it opens just fine... This probably isn't the problem, then.

How about opening up Konsole and executing "dmesg | grep v4l"?
      For external use only.

Comment

Working...
      X