This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CD/DVD detection problem

Has this bug been fixed already? On my girlfriends PC, in Kubuntu, almost no CDs/DVDs get detected, so basically she can't even use her CD-ROM drive (not even to boot from it). On Windows partition everything seems fine. Her fstab entry for cdrom looks like this (mine is exactly the same, but I don't have any problems):

Code:
    /dev/scd0    /media/cdrom0  auto  user,noauto,ro,exec   0    0
    In the very beginning, when I installed Kubuntu 7.04 to her machine, CD-ROM worked more or less normal, but soon problems started.
    In a world without windows and fences who needs Gates?

Re: CD/DVD detection problem

As far as I know, no. However, there's a workaround as stated in the post. Did you try it? I, personally, don't have the issues described as mine works perfectly, but from even the mailing list replies, those who tried the patch got theirs working.
    Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user no. 419401 currently running Kubuntu 24.04

Comment

Re: CD/DVD detection problem

Not yet, but I'll try it next time I go to her place. Will report back how it went.
      In a world without windows and fences who needs Gates?

Comment

Working...
      X