This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

control pad problem

Hi everyone. I'm using the usb adapter for the PS2 control pad. It worked fine on edgy. Since I updated to feisty, it hasn't worked fine anymore: autofire is always enabled. The problem is that even the directional buttons behave the same, so I can't play at all.

I've installed jscalibrator, libjsw2 and xserver-xorg-input-joystick. I've tried calibrating lots of times, but nothing works.

Any ideas?

Re: control pad problem

A control what? Is that like a section of a keyboard in a gaming layout?

You might try System Settings > Keyboard & Mouse > Joystick.
    For external use only.

Comment

Sorry if I haven`t explained myself very well. I haven't been as accurate as I wanted because my english is not good enough.

I said control pad to refer a joystick. What I'm trying to use is the Playstation 2 controller with an USB adaptor. I hope now you understand.

Comment

Oh, okay. I understand now.

Anyway, tried the System Settings route I suggested?
        For external use only.

Comment

I've tried what you suggested. I can't calibrate the joystick and make it work fine, but sometimes one of the directional buttons works properly. I'll keep on trying. Thanks.

Comment

I've tried to calibrate the joystick a lot of times, using jscalibrator and using system settings->keyb and mouse->joystick. I can't make it work properly: since the directional buttons always autofires, it's impossible to calibrate.

Does anyone know how to disable autofire? I think it's the root of the problem.

Comment

Working...
            X