X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do you view hard disk directory?

I installed kubuntu 6.10.
    When I view media it only displays cdrom0 and floppy. Hard drive is not shown.
    Under Files I can see /home but can't view all other files.
    What do you do to turn on media/hda1?

Re: Where do you view hard disk directory?

First: Wrong place to post your question, this is for Kubuntu 7.04.

Second: I suppose that your drive isn't mounted yet. Got to system settings, Advanced tab, on Disk and Filesystem (or something similar) and see if you can find your hard disk and if is mounted. If it you see a grey ball followed by Deactivated (or something similar), just press the Administrator button, select that hard disk and press the Activate button (or something similar). This will mount the Hard disk.
    If you do not find any ball at all (green or grey) and it doesn't say nothing, you have to configure it; in that case press the administrator button, select that hard disk and select modify. In the window that will open you can select the hard disk's filesystem, were to mount it (tip: media/a-folder-to-your-hard-disk), and who is allowed to mount, view and modify the hard disk content.
    Now you can press the ok button and mount the hard disk pressing the activate button.

I hope to have helped, don't forget that I don't know if is exactly the same in Kubuntu 6.10, but I think it is similar.

Comment

Thanks, that did help.
      Sorry about wrong post area. I am a newby and I have installed kubuntu 6.1. I couldn't find an area with that name. I don't know what sort of animal I am.

Comment

A young one.
        For external use only.

Comment

Yes but what is kubuntu 6.10 called (I can't find the animal)

Comment

Ubuntu 6.10 is called Edgy Eft

About your original question, as this is Kubuntu it uses Konqueror as file manager.
            Using F9 will toggle the split screen mode and left of the left screen you should have a vertical bar with several icons, one of them called media.
            This should help to see other disks or partitions.

Near the bottom is an folder-icon (probably red) called Root or main directory (I'm not using an English install) and it should bring you the hidden folders of your present /root partition.

Another way to get there is is to press the Up arrow in Konqueror several times.

Succes Young One!

Comment

Working...
            X