Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transferring files from my Linux-dist to PS3 via network cable?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transferring files from my Linux-dist to PS3 via network cable?

There is a software called Red Kawa file server on Windows which lets the user transfer PS3-compatible files (i.e. supported video and sound formats) to the PS3. I guess Red Kawa only creates a server with a IP-adress which I then can acess from my PS3 webbrowser. Can I create similar type of fileserver on my Linux-system for my PS3 to access? I think it's not impossible, so how do I do it?

Re: Transferring files from my Linux-dist to PS3 via network cable?

If both your computer and your PS3 are behind the same router, it isn't hard at all.

Just pick a folder to store your files in and right-click it > Properties > Sharing > Start applet > Share this directory on the Web.
    Feel free to raise the bandwidth limit.

Anyway, once you've got that taken care of, just point your PS3's browser to your computer at port 8001 (the default).
    You can find out your computer's IP address by opening up Konsole and typing "ifconfig". This'll bring up quite a few lines of stuff, but you only need to find the section named "eth*", probably eth0. On the second line of this section, it says "inet addr:", your IP address. Just take this number and add ":8001" to the end, then open that in the PS3's browser. For example, this computer's IP address is 192.168.1.101, so I would open "192.168.1.101:8001" in the PS3's browser.
    For external use only.

Comment

Re: Transferring files from my Linux-dist to PS3 via network cable?

Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
      X