This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SB Live detected...but no sound

Im trying to get away from Windows XP. So I recently installed Ubuntu...I liked it and lots of things worked great. I wasnt really taken with the Gnome environment and went to KUBUNTU, I like that look and feel much better.

The problem is that I cant get any sound. (Big problem because I like music).

My system has a C-Media card on-board (Disabled in Bios) and an SB Live (Enabled and worked with UBUNTU). After I installed Kubuntu I could not get any sound and the audio test did not produce any sound. Kubuntu appears to recognize that both cards are present. Kmiix always opens with C-Media.

When I go under system settings > Sound System - and Hardware, its set to auto detect. I have tried this and other settings...still no sound. I'm kinda new to Linux and I would really like to get this working but I dont know how to trouble shoot it. Im used to windows device mangler and its much different here.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks in advance!

Re: SB Live detected...but no sound

Originally posted by rwe_linux
    Im used to windows device mangler
    Ehehehe.
    Anyway.
    Have you tried searching the forums? A few different people have asked the same question. All had SoundBlaster cards, too.
    For external use only.

Comment

I have been looking but maybe I'm not searching for the right stuff. I will keep trying.
      Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Looks like maybe alsamixer and alsactl settings:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=1772.0

Comment

Thanks I will take a look at that!

In the mean time, I enabled the C-media card in Bios and rebooted. I can definitely get sound out of the C-Media card but still nothing in the Sound Blaster.

Alsamixer shows the C-Media card. Is there a way to tell Alsamixer to use the SBLive card?

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
            Looks like maybe alsamixer and alsactl settings:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=1772.0

This looks like it may be the issue... Thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
            X