Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help installing WUSB54G!! (Linksys wireless USB internet card)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help installing WUSB54G!! (Linksys wireless USB internet card)

I have an AMD64 x2 4800+ processor
    and Kubuntu Feisty.

I have installed ndiswrapper, and properly installed the wusb54g.inf driver file.
    When I enter
    Code:
    ndiswrapper -l
    I get

Code:
    wusb209x.sys : invalid driver!
    wusb20xp.sys : invalid driver!
    WARNING: Failed to open config file /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.save: Permission denied
    WARNING: Failed to open config file /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.save.2: Permission denied
    WARNING: Failed to open config file /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.save.3: Permission denied
    WARNING: Failed to open config file /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.save.1: Permission denied
    wusb54g : driver installed
        device (5041:2235) present (alternate driver: prism54usb)
    From what I have read on these forums and various other forums, it seems that all I need is for the .inf file to work...and according to this, it does. However my device is still not recognized. Any ideas?
    Thanks

Also:
    When i do "lsusb", it confirms that 5041:2235 is the linksys device. Here's the exact result:
    Code:
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 5041:2235 Linksys (?)
    (yes, it had the '(?)' in the actual code)

Re: Need help installing WUSB54G!! (Linksys wireless USB internet card)

Originally posted by Sconts
    I have an AMD64 x2 4800+ processor
    and Kubuntu Feisty.

I have installed ndiswrapper, and properly installed the wusb54g.inf driver file.
    When I enter
    Code:
    ndiswrapper -l
    I get

Code:
    wusb209x.sys : invalid driver!
    wusb20xp.sys : invalid driver!
    WARNING: Failed to open config file /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.save: Permission denied
    WARNING: Failed to open config file /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.save.2: Permission denied
    WARNING: Failed to open config file /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.save.3: Permission denied
    WARNING: Failed to open config file /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.save.1: Permission denied
    wusb54g : driver installed
        device (5041:2235) present (alternate driver: prism54usb)
    The whole "permission denied" thing should scream at you: "SHOULD HAVE USED SUDO!"
    Code:
    sudo ndiswrapper -l

Comment

Working...
    X