X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU speed

hi guys,

my cpu is working too much, and too much noise of course.. how can i control the cpu speed frequency etc. any programme or any solution for this problem ?

Re: CPU speed

Close programs you're not using?

On noise, the CPU itself makes very little noise. So little, it's undetectable by the human ear. The noise you're hearing is probably a fan. Try pinpointing the source of the noise, then see if anything needs tightening.
    For external use only.

Comment

yes i tried to close programmes i dont use, still too much noise, i clean the fan, close programmes, and still cpur working hard and too much noise

Comment

Try pinpointing the source of the noise.

Your main fan is probably on the upper rear of your case. Stop that fan (e.g. by placing your finger on it) briefly to see if the noise stops.
        For external use only.

Comment

dude this is a laptop and i cannot do that..

I tried Klaptop but didnt fix the problem.

Comment

It might help if you tell us which laptop... IIRC there is a known bug about fan control in some laptops. Thus it might not be that your CPU is "working too much", as you put it, merely that the fan is spinning faster than you'd like.

You might also want to investigate fancontrol and sensors, in the package lm-sensors - no idea if they work for laptops, and take a bit of setting up.

Comment

Fujitsu-Siemens M3438G

pofff that noise is very boring

Comment

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s....17/+bug/22336

Seems to be related to "powernowd" and on-demand scaling -- there are several posts describing fixes, but they don't seem to be universal in fixing it ....

Comment

Working...
                X