X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kde print wizard error (cups problem?)

Hi all,

I think my cups system may be sick, but after I go through the KDE printing wizard, I get this message after the wizard finishes:

"Unable to create printer. Error message received from manager:
    The requested operation cannot be completed."

No matter which printer I pick, I get this same error. The wizard itself looks OK; I can see and configure all my printers. It's just that last step that fails. I think I might need to reinstall/repair CUPS?

Thanks,
    Joe

Re: kde print wizard error (cups problem?)

What is being displayed in the CUPS interface (http://localhost:631/printers/) itself?

Comment

A web interface? Totally cool!

I get an empty list at this location: http://localhost:631/printers/ - 0 of 3 printers listed.

I forgot to mention, I'm trying to add network printers. My bad. :P

On the "Administration" tab I get a list of all the network printers I'd like to add. I select the "Add This Printer" (an hp 2300 in this case) and then choose "Add Printer" (I go with the Model it selects for me - hp2300 with CUPS + Gutenprint) and at this point I get an "Authentication Required" dialog. I try my Kubuntu creds as well as an authorized Microsoft domain admin user, but no luck adding the printer. The auth dialog comes back over and over. These printers are in a Microsoft domain.

The KDE printer wizard possibly fails for lack of authentication? But I'm not sure what auth creds I need at this point?

- Joe

Comment

Originally posted by jersinghaus
        The KDE printer wizard possibly fails for lack of authentication?
        But I'm not sure what auth creds I need at this point?
        The KDE printer interface is "merely" an additional interface to CUPS - therefore, at least for the sake of (easier) debugging, for the time being let's concentrate on the latter: CUPS on Linux.

Comment

Working...
        X