This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot get my printer working

GRRR I am having the hardest time getting my Epson c88 working. I read and instruction at linux-foundation.org OpenPrinting site and downloaded the drivers. These this download had the Epson C88 include while the in Printer Setup in Kubuntu it was not included and none of the drivers worked. Now I am able to install the drivers but the printer will not work. In KJobView there is a small red balloon on Job ID. What type of info do you (someone out there) need to get this printer back online?

tim

Re: Cannot get my printer working

There is a Stylus C88 listed in the cups driver list. You may have to download the foomatic packages through adept or whatever you use. There are two, I also needed them for my R220. Once downloaded try to install the printer again and cups will rebuild the driver list. It should show up then.

eriefisher
    ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

thanks that worked! In the wizard I still have listed the drivers that didn't work but I guess they're doing no harm. I installed them in a Gnome session and have no idea how to get rid of them.

Comment

Good stuff. Apparently they were short on space with the install disc and were left out.

eriefisher
        ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

Working...
        X