This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon PIXMA iP4300

Have been using Kubuntu for some months now with my iP4300, but can't figure out how to use the CD Label Print function.
    Have tried to install the CD Label software, that came together with the printer, using Wine, but the soft won't start as it doesn't see a compatible printer connected.

Anyone any ideas ??

Thanks.

Re: Canon PIXMA iP4300

Labels, as in those eight-'n-a-half-by-eleven sheets of labels?
    Those can be printed fine from something like OpenOffice.org's Writer, just as with Microsoft Word (though I don't know if it's immediately accessible or even available). If you've got a copy of Word kicking around, look for templates for label printing. (If not, I think I can dig up a template for use with OpenOffice.org.)

Looking at the first few results for a Google search for "Canon PIXMA iP4300", it looks like that type of printer. If it's not, and it does those one-label-at-a-time prints, then you (or I or we) might have to a bit more research.
    For external use only.

Comment

Thanks for the info SheeEttin.
      Tried it using a template for CD labels in OpenOffice.org. Selected the CD Tray as paper tray in the Printer Properties, but nothing happens. Printer tries to print from one of the other trays and stalls as no paper can be found.

The iP4300 has a CD Tray with special CD feeder where one puts he CD to be labeled and the printer prints directly on the CD (with blank label).

Any other suggestions?

Comment

Heh, I missed where you said that they were CD labels both times.

Anyway, you could try setting the media source manually through CUPS. Click here, find your printer, hit Set Printer Options, and select the appropriate tray under "Printout Mode". (If it's a standard list, try picking ones that look right and testing the printer until it attempts to feed from that source.)
        For external use only.

Comment

Hey great, thanks. It works.
          Apparently I still have lot to learn about all this.

Comment

Working...
          X