This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using a Gateway FPD2485W monitor?

I would like to acquire a Gateway FPD2485W 24 inch monitor on my desktop machine which is running Feisty. The graphics card I was thinking of purchasing is the 7600GS with 256MB of memory. Will I have any difficulty using this Gateway monitor? I notice that when I go into System Settings->Monitor&Display->Hardware->Configure the Gateway section has a number of monitors including the FPD1500 and FPD1800 but not their spiffy new 24 inch model. Will I need a special driver? Will I have to manually modify the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file and how do I determine the appropriate parameters?

I would certainly appreciate some guidance about how to get the proper configuration for using this monitor. I would certainly hate to spend the money for the monitor and not be able to utilize it.

Thanks in Advance,
    Don

Re: Using a Gateway FPD2485W monitor?

It should be no problem. The most in-depth thing you will have to do is to manually specify the refresh rates. (Or if you find that the hardware specs are very close to one of those two, you might be able to use it.)

Basically, it'll be just install the video card (physically), boot, run Envy, "sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg", reboot, and watch it come to life in full glory.

That's what's supposed to happen, anyway... You might hit a snag or two here or there. Nothing major, though.
    For external use only.

Comment

Working...
    X