This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lost sound, lost network, lost happiness

I lost sound on my system and my ability to connect to the internet via my ethernet card and my wifi card after trying to get beryl to work with xgl. The problem started when I copied beryl-xgl from the beryl package as shown on this http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu:F...eryl_.28ATI.29 tutorial and ran it. My system froze completely and I was forced to turn my computer off. When it started back up my sound wasn't working although kmix was still available. Also, both my ethernet card and my wireless card stopped working. The system is detecting eth0 which is my ethernet card, but it won't connect, and my wireless eth1 isn't being detected at all that I can tell.

How can so many components in a system get jacked up so easily? Anyway, is there a way to re-install this stuff. The read out from lspci shows both my wireless card and ethernet card. the read out from dmesg however doesn't show any alsa stuff or any other sound stuff that I can tell, and doesn't show my wireless card being started. I don't know if this helps or not. I can post the results if they are helpful.

Thanks in advance,
    Sean
Working...
X