This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet Connection Loss

I have a Intel PRO/1000 LAN on board network card and since I have decided to do a clean install of Kubuntu 7.04 I lose my internet connection about every minute or when I am downloading updates or downloading. I didn´t have this problem before. Any help would be great.

Re: Internet Connection Loss

How do you connect to the internet? DSL-cable? Does the modem show anything?
    ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

Sorry about that. I connect using a cable modem and router. All the lights are working fine on them and I have another pc that run windows and that one still has the net when I lose it on Kubuntu. So for some reason Kubuntu isnt keeping the connection active.

Comment

I have seen some posts describing similar problems. Try a forum search for connection trouble. Also make sure you are using DHCP in network settings so not to create address conflicts.
        ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

I have the same problem. My connection interrupts every now and then and it is as if my ADSL modem box was rebooted. Sometimes these interrupts change my internet configurations to the defaults and I have to reconfigure my connection. I'm using a static IP address and don't use dhcp. Any ideas?

Comment

Same thing here . . . two days ago I lost Gmail on this system, Kubuntu Feisty 32-bit on a Biostar AMD 64.

How can you lose Gmail?? I thought that was the most reliable, easiest to reach site in the world!

I recently tried using the Guarddog firewall controller, only to find once I'd installed it EVERYTHING was blocked! I had to reestablish connections by check-marking protocols until they started returning. But some that had worked before couldn't be made to work now, with Guarddog locking them out. Finally I gave up and uninstalled Guarddog.

I just wonder if that failed experiment has led to my losing Gmail now.

Comment

GMail works through HTTPS, running on port 443. Normal HTTP uses port 80.

I use Guarddog. Works fine for me. One thing that helped was setting up a rule to allow connections on all ports outward.
              Guarddog is, however, merely a GUI to iptables/ipchains.
              For external use only.

Comment

I want to thank you, SheeEttin, for responding! I reinstalled Guarddog and this time all the necessary protocols were checkmarked beforehand! The last time I must've done something wrong when installing it. But Guarddog gave me back my access to Gmail. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                X