This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lite-ON LH-20A1h

Hi All...... I've been fighting problems with my CD/DVD Burner. Initially I had an older HP model Q2101-56000 and it kept giving me errors whenever I'd try and burn CDs. I purchased a Lite-ON LH-20A1H, and it looks like it burns great, I get no error messages, however, when I click the box to verify the CD, I receive sector read errors. Any thoughts? I'm about ready to just chuck the whole thing, and get a name brand unit.

Re: Lite-ON LH-20A1h

I have this problem when I use cheap media. Buy some good quality media and see if that makes a difference. Also, you might try slowing down the recrd speed to see if that helps.

Comment

tried good media, still have same problems... write appears to work just fine, but verification fails... I do believe my problem is with the actual unit itself... am thinking seriously about getting a separate CD r/w and DVD r/w instead of the combo unit.

Comment

Verification fails? What's the error it gives, that the MD5 doesn't match?
        It may be that what it's burning is partially or completely garbage, but there's no need to get into that until we know what it says.
        For external use only.

Comment

> I've had so much trouble with Kubuntu, that once Fedora comes out with their new release later this month, I'm seriously considering switching back to them. I NEVER had this much trouble with Fedora... I did run into issues, but at least I was able to get solutions... I'm afraid that Ubuntu/Kubuntu isn't really all that mature yet... perhaps in time it will be....

Comment

It seems that the number of bad experiences has been rising recently.
            I'm not sure if it's bad testing by the developers or just people inexperienced with Linux (or just the 'buntus) expecting instant answers, but it seems people are much less tolerant of problems.
            For external use only.

Comment

That's true. But when one seeks assistance, one should help by providing the information requested. I find it unlikely that choice of distro has anything to do with the ability to successfully burn a CD.

Comment

I have to disagree. feisty has problems with Lite ON. Fixed my dvd-rw problems by shifting to Mandriva spring 07. Both my dvd-rom and dvd-rw work fine now. My problems with feisty has it turns out are well documented on this forum. I'll be back in November when the next Kubuntu version is out.

Comment

Working...
                X