Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1280x1024 Resolution: NVIDIA card on an AMD Athlon 64 Box.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1280x1024 Resolution: NVIDIA card on an AMD Athlon 64 Box.

Well, I can't figure out what you have or haven't done.

How about trying Envy again?
    For external use only.

Comment

I just now ran sudo apt-get install linux-headers-`uname -r` on mine, and it also said I already had the package for my kernel. So that's not an error, just a confirmation that you don't lack the headers package.

I just reviewed where you've been -- I take you're running in VESA mode, you have looked (with Adept) at the list of nvidia-xxx packages and none are marked as being installed, and except for the wacom annoyances, your system seems to be functional. If that's all true, then I agree with SheeEttin, your best bet is probably to re-install Envy, and try to run it again, just in case something wasn't functioning correctly the first time you tried it. We can fix the wacom stuff easy, if we need to after you've got the Nvidia driver, but that is of higher priority, I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
        I just now ran sudo apt-get install linux-headers-`uname -r` on mine, and it also said I already had the package for my kernel. So that's not an error, just a confirmation that you don't lack the headers package.

I just reviewed where you've been -- I take you're running in VESA mode, you have looked (with Adept) at the list of nvidia-xxx packages and none are marked as being installed, and except for the wacom annoyances, your system seems to be functional.
        Aah - the kl00stik falls! I actually still have sveral nvidia pakages listed as installed in Adept. Specifically

nvidia-glx
        nvidia-kernel-2.6.20-15-generic
        nvidia-kernel-2.6.20-16-generic
        nvidia-kernel-common
        nvidia-kernel-source

Remove them all?

Victoria concordia crescit<br />ओ पालन्हारे ... तुम्रे बिन हम्र कौनोन नहीं

Comment

Yep -- dump 'em! Ahhhh, I feel we're going to make progress now ....

Comment

Yep -- dump 'em! Ahhhh, I feel we're going to make progress now ....

THANKS TO YOU ALL!

Comment

So, you saw the big beautiful Nvidia splash screen, eh?

Do a shutdown and reboot, so we're sure it's all going to hang together for you. Then you can ask how to get it to default to a certain resolution that you want ....

Comment

So, you saw the big beautiful Nvidia splash screen, eh?

Do a shutdown and reboot, so we're sure it's all going to hang together for you. Then you can ask how to get it to default to a certain resolution that you want ....

Thanks. It's all good. After a shutdown and reboot, I've opened the NVIDIA panel, and am happy with the 1280*1024 it has defaulted to. Now to get my scroll working again on my mouse.

Comment

Working...
                X