This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CD refuses to eject

On my Kubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn installation, I listened to a (legal) audio CD using Amorok. However, I couldn't eject the CD afterwards (it didn't appear in my computer and on the desktop, as is normally the case). In Mac OS X there is a command to eject a CD from the terminal (but I forgot...). Could you tell me how to remove the CD media? Kubuntu is installed on an Intel iMac.

Thank you very much in advance. 

PS: How can I force empty the trash, because sometimes "Empty Trash Bin" is dimmed out?

Re: CD refuses to eject

Just "eject". This'll pick a CD drive by default, your primary. To specify, use "eject -r", followed by either the device node or the mount point. (Or you could just read the man page.)
    This'll probably give an error, post that.
    For external use only.

Comment

Re: CD refuses to eject

Hi, thank you for your help, but I had figured out a different way:

Code:
      sudo eject /media/cdrom
      Then I am asked for my adminstrator password. After entering my passport, the CD (usually) ejects. However, sometimes I must restart/shut down the system before the CD is ejected. How can I solve these problems? These CDs are almost all audio (legal) CDs or data (back-up) CDs. I use K3B and Amarok to rip and listen to my music.

Comment

Working...
      X