This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kpilot and my Zire 22

I was glad to finally get my PDA working with Edgy, and then I upgraded to Feisty. Now it doesn't recognize the palm again. In Edgy, I had to start KPilot and then turn on my Z22 and then push the hotsync icon. I have tried all the various combinations, but KPilot doesn't ever seem to connect with the palm.

Any tips?

Thanks,
    Scott

Re: Kpilot and my Zire 22

I am having the same problem with my Tungsten E (original, not E2). KPilot successfully detected the right device file when I tried to sync, but after upgrading to Feisty autodetect won't work.

When I press the hotsync button on my Tungsten I get the following output from /var/log/messages:
    Code:
    Apr 28 02:27:24 speedyg kernel: [35667.344000] usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 12
    Apr 28 02:27:24 speedyg kernel: [35667.496000] usb 1-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
    When I cancel the sync I get this:
    Code:
    Apr 28 02:28:08 speedyg kernel: [35711.204000] usb 1-1: USB disconnect, address 12

Comment

I finally found some help through an kpilot person on an irc chat. Apparently, Feisty doesn't load the module "visor" at start up. So, you need to edit the /etc/modules file and add visor to the list to load it at boot. When you restart it should work.

Be God's,
      Scott

Comment

Huh...it seems to work, though I didn't know the visor module was for the Tungsten series...

You can also do sudo modprobe visor after adding to /etc/modules if you don't want to reboot.

Comment

Thanks

The "visor" line trick worked for my Treo650 with Kpilot by USB cable.

but not for my old, but still used daily, Kyocera7135 (USB cradle|cable also), which used to sync with Jpilot under Edgy; so I have just added another Login:User and manualy set the Jpilot (in the File|Preferences|Settings menu) Serial Port for the new user to /dev/ttyUSB1 and it piked up the 7135 straight away [push sync button in Jpilot then sync key on cradle].

Warwick

Comment

Hi,

I cannot sync my z22 with kpilot as well. I have kubuntu 7.04 and I 'modprobe visor' module. Kpilot can't even detect the device. Has anybody figured this out?

On the other hand, it works flawlessly with jpilot. If you have any suggestions, please share.

Thank you,

keifir.

Comment

When you sync, follow these steps:

1. Turn off the Palm
              2. Start KPilot (wait until it says unable to connect)
              3. Then turn on the Palm and push sync on it

It should work.

Scott

Comment

the modules fix worked for my Tungsten E, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X