X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATI Rage Mobility 128

Greeting,
    I just updated from to Feisty Fawn. And now the only resolution I am able to get is 640x480. I would like to know if anyone has some idea let me know.

Cheers,
    Mac

Re: ATI Rage Mobility 128

http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...allation_Guide

Install the driver, then "sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg", selecting the fglrx driver and your preferred resolutions.
    For external use only.

Comment

Greetings,

I tried the guide that you sent me to. Now when I load KDE all I get is the command line and something that says there is no image to resume. I can not figure out what to do now. I am thinking of loading Fawn of a DVD. If you could help with this and maybe some idea it would be helpful.

Cheers,
      Mac

Comment

No image to... huh?
        I'm guessing it's referring to the session image created when you log out. I have no idea why it was touched, where it is, or how to fix it.
        Exactly when does this error appear? Do you get it after you log in, during the boot process, or what?
        For external use only.

Comment

Well it will go through the Kubuntu load screen, and then it will flicker with two lines that have [OK] on the right hand side of the screen. Then it comes up with the no image and then asks for me to log in on the command line.

Cheers,
          Mac

Comment

So you don't actually see the KDE login screen?
            This is weird.
            All I can suggest to do is, next time you boot, go into the Grub menu, go to the booting option, and hit E. Find the "kernel" line, and remove only the words "splash" and "quiet" from the end. Hit enter, then hit B. This'll boot without the splash screen and without hiding most of the boot process. See if it prints anything helpful at the end, aside from the error message.

By the way, consider changing the topic to something more appropriate. You're more likely to get someone who knows about this.
            For external use only.

Comment

Working...
            X