This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saitek X45 button problem (usbhid?)

With Edgy (kernel 2.6.17-11) I had no problems with my Saitek X45 -joystick but now when I updated to Feisty (kernel 2.6.20-15) the buttons on the stick are messed up.

Jstest shows that it has only 16 buttons and it should have 26 buttons. All axis work as they should. Some of the buttons flicker constantly if I move some axis when I checked them with Kubuntu's joystick calibrator and some buttons don't work at all. And some buttons don't work at all.

$jstest /dev/input/js0
    Driver version is 2.1.0.
    Joystick (Saitek Saitek X45) has 8 axes (X, Y, Rx, Rz, Throttle, Rudder, Hat0X, Hat0Y)
    and 16 buttons (Trigger, ThumbBtn, ThumbBtn2, TopBtn, TopBtn2, PinkieBtn, BaseBtn, BaseBtn2, BaseBtn3, BaseBtn4, BaseBtn5, BaseBtn6, BtnDead, BtnA, BtnB, BtnC).
    Testing ... (interrupt to exit)

$ dmesg | grep Saitek
    [ 34.293660] hdb:<6>input: Saitek Saitek X45 as /class/input/input2
    [ 34.300771] input: USB HID v1.00 Joystick [Saitek Saitek X45] on usb-0000:00:02.0-1.3

The Saitek X45 seems to use usbhid -kernel module and I think that module has had some big changes between 2.6.17 and 2.6.20 kernels. Is there any way I can try the old usbhid module with the newer kernel and see if that fixes my problem?
Working...
X