This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keyboard will not input with live cd install

I downloaded a CD image of kubuntu. It boots great . unfortunately my keyboard. a standard ps/2 cannot type during the installation process (or at least no characters show up) any ideas . I am new at this . I was bummed because the interface is awesome. Gonna be hard to convert if hardware doesnt work :P

Re: keyboard will not input with live cd install

That's a bummer alright. From the live CD boot screen, can you choose "safe graphics mode"? I forget what it looks like. I've used both a PS/2 and a USB keyboard on this system, so I know it can handle both, but you are probably going to be stuck configuring a xorg.conf file with a somewhat non-standard (or perhaps "non-default") keyboard.

Another observation is, when you actually install (K)Ubuntu, everything on the real installation is not necessarily exactly the same as it was on the live CD. So if you have a hard drive, or an empty place on a hard drive, you might do better just proceeding with the "install in VGA mode" process, which will let you pick your keyboard during the procedure.

Comment

i was able to see keyboard input . after i disabled usb keyboard support. installed and cant log in is that awe some. I ll have to reboot with cd in and remove the install and try what you said thnx for the help /. works when it wants to . ill have to get some help on seeing my windows drive from kubuntu . unless of course thaT is not possible. fun toy so far.

Comment

You can see your Win partition from Kubuntu. I dual boot but use Kubuntu for things other than games. I read from the WIN part just for convenience mostly now anyway. Kubuntu is all I use now.

Comment

Working...
        X